How do I Know I’m Pregnant?
With high emotions, knowing if you’re pregnant can feel confusing. Our medical team is here to serve and support you regarding your pregnancy. Confirm your pregnancy with lab-quality testing at our center and limited ultrasound to know where your pregnancy stands.
Talk to our team today to learn what’s next for you and feel educated for the future. We can come alongside you and answer your questions as they come up. We care, and we will listen to your needs.
Is An Ultrasound Necessary?
An ultrasound protects your health and safety, as it confirms three essential details which determine what options you have:
- The viability of your pregnancy (if it’s healthy and growing)
- The location of your pregnancy (whether it’s growing within your uterus or not)
- How far along you are in your pregnancy (also known as gestational age)
Ultrasounds can alert you to potential pregnancy complications such as ectopic pregnancy or a miscarriage. Both of these require special medical attention. If you experience either of these, abortion would not be an option. Schedule a free, limited ultrasound with us today to be sure.
What Are the Risks of Abortion?
Abortion is a serious medical procedure that comes with significant health risks. The risks vary a little depending on which type of abortion you have.
According to the Mayo Clinic, the possible risks of medical abortion include the following:
- Incomplete abortion, which may need to be followed by surgical abortion
- An ongoing unwanted pregnancy if the procedure doesn’t work
- Heavy and prolonged bleeding
- Digestive system discomfort
The Mayo Clinic shares possible complications of surgical abortion, including:
- Perforation of the uterus
- Damage to the cervix
- Scar tissue on the uterine wall
Can I Bring Someone With Me?
Yes, of course! We encourage partners to come with you to your first appointment if possible. If not, please bring a friend, family member, or someone you feel comfortable with. We want you to feel at ease and at peace during your appointment.
Are Appointments Free?
Yes, we offer all our services and support completely free and confidential. We know finances are a stressful topic, and we want to help ease some of the pressure of an unexpected pregnancy. You are not alone!